Get them before they think and they’ll be here for life.
Child indoctrination, the triumphant strategy to spread a religion
After a brief discussion on gay rights I said to a Catholic acquaintance of mine that if that form of bigotry in which they deny the same rights to a certain group of people is their humanist approach, then I was happy not to be part of said church anymore, to which she responded: “You are a member of the Church from the moment you are baptized, whether you like it or not.”
Her answer made me think about what that meant for their belief system, as it needs to be implanted before the person is capable of rational thinking, they have to get us before we have the faculty of critically analyzing their claims.
They unconsciously knew how hard they’d failed the moment they invented Limbo for unbaptized children, making their parents worried of the kids’ afterlives back when infant mortality rates were sky high, forcing them to get their offspring baptized, adding another number to their annals of saved souls/herd.
But don’t you worry, Limbo has been repealed by the previous Pope, just like that.
If you take a 12 year old kid that has never heard about the Easter Bunny and tell him or her that a rabbit comes a certain day of the Jewish calendar to spread decorated hen eggs or chocolate eggs, he would be skeptical of said claim, but if you tell this to a 4 year old child he or she may believe it for the next 8 or so years; so you better take them while they are young and indoctrinate with something that even adults believe, no matter how impossible it is to be true, before they develop a critical mind.
You can leave the Roman Catholic Church, you only need to fulfill the requirements in the ACTUS FORMALIS DEFECTIONIS
AB ECCLESIA CATHOLICA which constitutes an act of apostasy, heresy, and schism, but is completely unnecessary unless you’re planning to move to Germany.
How do you know when an ideology is self-defeating?
- If an ideology needs to be implanted in a mind that cannot comprehend its meaning, the ideology is self-defeating.
- If an ideology needs to be imposed through the use of violence instead of rationality, the ideology is self-defeating.
- If leaving the it is considered a crime by the same ideology, it is self-defeating.
- If an ideology needs to be sustained through faith alone, without a basis on reality or feasible evidence, the ideology is self-defeating.
- If indoctrination is the main way to convert people to it, denying critical thinking and punishing questioning, the ideology is self-defeating.
- If apology needs to be taught in order for the people to defend it and rationalize it, the ideology is self-defeating.